When you think of detox recipes, do you think of raw juices and cold salads? You’ll be happy to know you can also enjoy warm, comforting meals during a detox.
This nourishing soup is full of nutrient-dense vegetables, superfoods, herbs, and spices. It is also super simple to prepare.
- 1/4 cups water (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste, optional)
- fine sea salt
- black pepper
- 6 cups water (or 4 cups vegetable broth, plus 2 cups water)
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed, torn in pieces
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 small lemon
- In large pot, add water or vegetable broth and heat on medium-high. Add onion and garlic.
- Sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, and fresh ginger.
- Stir and cook 3 minutes, adding extra water or broth as needed. Stir in turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in water or vegetable broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add in kale, cabbage, and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering, remove from heat and serve.