Apple and Coconut Breakfast Quinoa
Break out of the morning oatmeal rut with this flavorful Apple and Coconut Breastfast Quinoa made with health-promoting collagen peptides. Using fresh seasonal apples, coconut milk. coconut flakes, and warm spices, it’s a healthy balanced meal that will feel like dessert for breakfast. Quinoa is packed with fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. By adding collagen peptides, you get a more complex, balanced protein that will keep you full longer.
This post may contain affiliate links. See full affiliate link disclosure here.
- ½ c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 c. uncooked quinoa
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. coconut milk (or milk of choice), plus extra for serving
- 2 T. virgin coconut oil
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 t. sea salt
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- optional to garnish:
- more chopped apple or sliced almonds
- Place the coconut flakes in a medium saucepan and place over low heat.
- Cook the coconut flakes until browned, stirring them frequently to prevent burning (they can burn quickly).
- Remove about half the coconut flakes and set aside for garnishing later.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the quinoa, chopped apple, water, and coconut milk to
- the remaining toasted coconut flakes.
- Stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes covered, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Turn the heat off and leave covered 5 minutes to rest.
- Remove the lid and add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, sea salt, and Collagen Peptides.
- Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Portion into bowls and garnish with coconut flakes, coconut milk, chopped apple, or sliced apples, as desired.
Ready to learn more about collagen and how it can support your health? Download Top 7 Health Benefits of Collagen Supplements.
Never eat ingredients you can’t pronounce. Except quinoa. You should eat quinoa.