Shellie Lynn

Healthy Pumpkin Spiced Latte with Pumpkin Spiced Coconut Cream

Healthy Pumpkin Spiced Latte Recipe

It's fall and you know what that means... pumpkin spiced EVERYTHING.  There's even pumpkin spiced popcorn now.  I don't know if this is a mistake or not, but this one is going for almost $60 😯 I think we all agree pumpkin spiced lattes started the craze.  So, why would you even care about a healthy pumpkin spiced latte?

Unfortunately, most pumpkin spiced anythings are full of sugar, highly processed ingredients and chemical preservatives.  Especially your typical pumpkin spiced latte from your favorite barista.

Your typical PSL from Starbucks has ingredients that include natural flavors, annatto, and potassium sorbate.

When you see natural flavors as a food ingredient, beware.  There may not be anything natural about it.

Annatto is an industrial food coloring.  The Starbucks PSL doesn't get it coloring from pumpkin, it gets from food coloring.

Potassium sorbate is a synthetically produced chemical preservative.

The typical Starbucks pumpkin spiced latte has 330 calories, 15 grams of fat and 39 grams of sugar.

My favorite way to describe this is "chemical shit storm".

The good news is, you can have your pumpkin spiced latte and drink it too.

*Affliate Disclosure

This post may contain affiliate links.  Read my full affiliate disclosure here

Healthy Pumpkin Spiced Latte Recipe

Healthy Pumpkin Spiced Latte

Ingredients

Directions

Pumpkin Spiced Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe

Pumpkin Spiced Coconut Whipped Cream

Ingredients

Directions

• Chill coconut cream in fridge overnight
  • Scoop solids into a bowl and whip until creamy
  • Add remaining ingredients, whip and serve
  • Make it extra special with this super fun gadget

Healthy Fall Habits

You have some tips and tools to start making some healthy changes this fall.  But don't stop there!

Fall is the perfect time to start incorporating healthy habits.  You can start with the simple act of journaling.

To help you get started, download a free Fall Wellness Journal.

Fall Wellness Journal

25 Comments

1. Karl on October 4, 2019 at 10:10 am

Mmmmmmm what a perfect time of year for this recipe.

2. Kimberlie on October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am

I’ve never tried a pumpkin spiced drink, where I was born and raised we eat pumpkin as a part of soups mainly. I have noticed the craze going on around me since fall has arrived and have been inteigued. I’ll be more willing to try with your healthy recipe, so thank you.

• Shellie Lynn on October 4, 2019 at 1:10 pm

Pumpkin soup is one of my favorites. When you actually use real pumpkin in a recipe, it can be quite healthy. I bet your homemade soups were amazing.

3. POOVANESH PATHER on October 4, 2019 at 11:52 am

This is a simple recipe that I will definitely try. Thanks for sharing.

• Shellie Lynn on October 4, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Thank you. Enjoy 😋

4. Amber on October 4, 2019 at 12:23 pm

I really can’t believe I used to drink those sugary, chemically-laced drinks! Coffee at home is much healthier, cheaper, and it tastes better anyway! Thanks for the recipe, I’ll be using this one for sure!

• Shellie Lynn on October 4, 2019 at 1:08 pm

Me too 🙋‍♀️ To be honest, I’ve never been a huge fan of Starbucks coffee drinks. But I did have a guilty pleasure of McDonald’s iced coffees several years ago. I especially loved it when my kids were little.

5. Lisa Marie Alioto on October 4, 2019 at 12:31 pm

This sounds magically delicious – esp. on a chilly day like today!

• Shellie Lynn on October 4, 2019 at 1:06 pm

This made me lol. Isn’t magically delicious from Lucky Charms? Instantly took me back to my childhood 😊 Interestingly, I published this last night when it was close to 90 degrees. We woke up to 60-degree weather today. Devine timing 😉

6. Nicole on October 4, 2019 at 12:31 pm

This sounds amazing! I will for sure be trying this! Yum!

• Shellie Lynn on October 4, 2019 at 1:04 pm

Enjoy ☕️

7. Denise Gardiner on October 4, 2019 at 12:39 pm

Sounds yummy, and a much healthier version! I love this time of the year. Thank you for sharing!

8. Jenny Bhatia on October 4, 2019 at 1:31 pm

OK, now Pumpkin Spiced Coconut Whipped Cream, where have you been my whole life? Sounds delicious and I am on my way for the ingredients!

9. Cindy on October 4, 2019 at 2:55 pm

This is perfect for fall! Love the healthy version.

10. julie Christy on October 4, 2019 at 3:07 pm

This sounds delicious! I am most certainly going to try it. Pinned for later 🙂

11. Kari on October 4, 2019 at 3:24 pm

I’m a new convert to coconut milk and I love it. I’ve never tried coconut cream but this looks delicious! Going to give it a try!

12. Adriane on October 4, 2019 at 4:40 pm

So I don’t swear and usually am turned off by when others do but you had me dying when you said, chemical s*** storm. And I thought annatto was not synthetic and from a plant. Regardless, I agree that it’s not made with real ingredients and I’m LOVING your recipe. I”m drooling just reading it and it looks so easy to make! The whipped cream definitely has me salivating. Can’t wait to try it out! **The photos are just as gorgeous.

• Shellie Lynn on October 5, 2019 at 1:17 pm

You’re a good person for not swearing! I wish I had that virtue 😊

I mentioned annatto being and industrial food coloring, not synthetic. It does come from a plant, the point I was trying to make is the color of the PSL does not come from pumpkin. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and I hope you enjoy the healthier version of PSL 😋

13. Annie on October 4, 2019 at 6:07 pm

this sounds amazing! I try to stay away from the pumpkin trend because it’s all so unhealthy! Love to see a healthy version. Can’t wait to try!

14. erika on October 4, 2019 at 6:44 pm

This sounds so good! I definitely have to try this out this season. Thanks for sharing your recipes (:

Erika Marie | https://imerikamarie.com

15. Janja on October 4, 2019 at 8:18 pm

This sounds really yummy. I don’t drink coffee but would definitely love to try this with chai latte. Thanks for sharing.

• Shellie Lynn on October 5, 2019 at 1:08 pm

Now that sounds amazing! Let us know how it turns out 😊

16. Brenda West on October 4, 2019 at 11:12 pm

I absolutely love Pumpkin Spice Latte. I cannot wait to try your healthy recipe. It sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Shellie Lynn on October 5, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Thank you for the thoughtful comment 😊

17. Britt on October 8, 2019 at 1:50 am

I’m not a big pumpkin person, my dirty little secret despite being a Halloween addict, but my husband would go crazy for this!