A Season of Gratitude
Now is a Time of Celebration and Gratitude
Regardless of your political views, you would most likely agree this has been a very turbulent week after the election. This intense, polarizing election caused a huge divide in our country. It may be difficult to feel grateful right now as we see the deplorable acts of our citizens all over the internet and news. The Universe has a plan for all of us, and I believe this is all happening for a reason. As the negativity continues to surface, it will be released, and this will be a time of great healing.
While you may feel powerless and out of control, rest assured, there is much you can control. As you consider what you can control, be grateful. Express your gratitude to the Universe. She will respond.
Be Grateful For
- The election is over 🙂 No more political commercials, advertisements or debates.
- Thanksgiving and the holidays are upon us. Celebrate this time of year with your loved ones.
- The beauty in nature as the seasons change.
- Pomegranate season
- The giant new super moon coming Monday night. This will be the largest moon most of us will see in our lifetimes. It will bring about change.
- Pumpkin spice everything 🙂
- Your family, friends and neighbors
- Most importantly your own power to make change. Every single one of us can cause a ripple effect of change with the choices we make.
How to Cultivate Gratitude
- Start a gratitude journal. Get your family involved, and have everyone record their gratitude every day. This is very powerful.
- Practice mindfulness. Don’t just go through the motions every day. Stop and think about what you are doing. Find joy and purpose in everything you do.
- Do random acts of kindness. Simple things can have a huge impact.
- Get involved in your community. Help out a meaningful organization or charity. Get your family involved.
- Diffuse this gratitude blend:
Are you feeling pretty run down and uninspired? Do the upcoming holidays stress you out more than excite you? Do you you give yourself permission this time of year to “let go”, to eat whatever you want and abuse your body?
What if you gave yourself permission to be happy and healthy during the holidays? What if you were inspired and held accountable to be mindful, grateful and practice self care? How would that change your holiday experience? How would your family benefit if you were present in the moment, grateful, and making better choices that gave you more energy?
Join my Healthy Holidays Challenge to make your holidays goals intentional and to get inspiration, support and accountability.
Very timely for this time of year. Gratitude changes your whole outlook. Thanks for the reminder.
I am grateful this election is over. It was brutal and it doesn’t need to be. And sometimes if we just really listen to each other we will learn we really aren’t that different.
Cultivate gratitude. I love that. This is a terrific blog post. Thank you.