COLLAGEN LOAF RECIPE
The classic holiday loaf recipe is taken to new heights with this healthy, collagen-infused version. It’s sure to keep you warm all winter long!
If you haven’t tried Vital Proteins’ new delicious Collagen Creamers, you need to. These diverse creamers can be incorporated into any recipe your heart desires, so naturally, a holiday loaf needed to be created.
Gingerbread cookies and loaves are a time-honored tradition for many cultures, including here in America, where the soft-baked loaves are more popular than the stiff variety used to make gingerbread houses. Ginger root was considered by many ancient civilizations as a valuable commodity, as it helped disguise the flavor of preserved food. It has been used in different forms and various tonics to help support digestion and the immune system.
Healthy Paleo Collagen Loaf
1 c cashew butter
1/2 c applesauce
1/2 c maple syrup
1 t vanilla extract
1 t fresh grated ginger root
1/2 c cassava flour
1 t baking powder
2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
1/4 t salt
1 T lemon juice
Gingerbread spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice) to taste
1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
2 T coconut milk
2 T raw honey
1 t arrowroot starch
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a standard loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in cashew butter, applesauce, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and fresh grated ginger root. Mix until well-combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together cassava flour, baking powder, Coconut Collagen Creamer, salt, and spices.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
5. Add the lemon juice and whisk again.
6. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
7. For the glaze: add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high. Let the glaze sit for a few minutes to thicken. Best served on the holiday loaf when it has cooled slightly.
8. Serve immediately.
I believe in a world where holidays and special events can be healthy AND fun! Too often, we think we have to choose one or the other. Healthy eating doesn’t have to be strict and boring. It can be satisfying, delicious and super fun. Subscribe to my newsletter to get healthy recipes and hacks delivered straight to your inbox. Click Here to Subscribe