This post may contain affiliate links. See affiliate disclosure here.
Sugar cookies aren’t just for Christmas. This recipe combines gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients with Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides for the ultimate healthy twist to the classic sugar cookie. This recipe will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.
2 c. blanched almond flour + 1 tsp. for dusting
1/4 c. honey or maple syrup
2 tsp. unsalted butter or coconut oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 c. Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the dough ingredients in a food processor and process until a smooth ball of dough forms, about 30 seconds.
- Flatten the ball of dough into a disk approximately 1⁄2” thick.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper, keeping it 1⁄4” in thickness.
- Remove the top sheet and sprinkle the top of the dough with 1 tsp. flour, rubbing it in slightly with your fingers.
- Dip a cookie cutter in a little flour then cut your shapes, peeling away excess dough as you work. Gather the excess dough into a ball and re-roll it.
- Bake the cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
With healthy recipes like this, you can have your cookie and eat it too 🙂
Want some more healthy treats? Download your free guide, How to be a Healthy Chocoholic.