My 5 Day Reset Challenge
I recently took the 5 Day RESET Challenge.
What is a RESET Challenge?
The RESET program is a nutritionally balanced program of macronutrients (high-quality protein, good carbohydrates, and healthy fats) and micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants).
It is a weight-management program to help you jumpstart healthy eating habits and begin to make a clean break from unhealthy, high-glycemic foods. The low glycemic foods in this program release energy slowly and do not cause drastic blood glucose spikes and crashes. Therefore, you don’t feel hungry as quickly, so you don’t feel an overwhelming need to eat, which may help you lose weight. In addition the fiber content of RESET helps provide a long lasting sense of fullness to help reduce hunger levels throughout the day.
The program is simple. Everyday you drink three Nutrimeal shakes and eat a protein snack, a serving of fruit and serving of vegetables. You also take the HealthPak packets, drink 64-80 ounces of water, and walk for approximately 20-30 minutes (about 3,000 steps) every day.
This is what the kit includes:
- 15 single-serving pouches of Nutrimeal
- 10 HealthPak packets (vitamin, mineral and antioxidant supplement)
- 5 Fudge Delite Protein Snacks
- 2 Choco Chip Protein Snacks
- 3 Peanutty Bliss Protein Snacks
Why did I do the RESET Challenge?
To lose the baby weight- from two years ago! Having a third baby in my late 30’s posed a tricky challenge for me, even with exclusive breast feeding. It wasn’t like with my first two kids when the weight came off pretty easily. Now, I’m in my early 40’s and enjoying all the hormonal and metabolic changes that welcome this new decade. With three kids, a busy lifestyle and 2 jobs, I haven’t made exercise a priority in my day. I finally decided to take action and want to share my experience with you.
My opinion of the products
I am a foodie and believe in whole food nutrition. I love to eat real food. So, I was apprehensive to embark on a 5 day no real food challenge. I drink smoothies a lot, so I wasn’t too worried about the shakes, but I typically don’t care for protein bars. When they first arrived, I made my husband and kids try them first. After getting 3 out of 3 thumbs up from my family, I reluctantly gave them a try. Much to my surprise, they were really good! I liked them better than the shakes and have ordered extra just to keep around for school lunches and snacks. The HealthPaks were convenient, easy to remember and did not taste bad.
My experience during the 5 days
- I was not hungry! The shakes and bars filled me up. Most days, I did not even eat all the shakes or bars because I really wasn’t hungry. However, I did miss eating real food, especially warm, savory foods. But, I got through it knowing 5 days was a pretty short term commitment. The vitamin packs were convenient, easy to remember, easy to swallow and didn’t leave any funny aftertastes.
- I had energy! When your body is not using most of its energy to digest big, heavy meals, it has energy to do all sorts of things! I did the challenge during a particularly busy and stressful week, and I had more energy to get through it all. I was up around 4:30 each morning, worked all day, managed 3 kids and a busy household, and was in bed around 10:30 each night. I did not need any caffeine to get me though the afternoon.
- I had more time! No food prep means more time for me. Packing my lunches was easy. The shakes come in single serve pouches. I threw a few of them in my lunch bag with 2 snack bars, a HealthPak and a piece of fresh fruit and was out the door. Because I wasn’t eating a meal at dinner, the kids got lucky and got the healthiest versions of takeout available to us. No mess, no stress!
It worked! I did lose weight around my mid-section and thighs. Don’t get me wrong, Sports Illustrated hasn’t invited me to be on the cover of the Swim Suit Issue, but my clothes fit better and I feel better about taking my kids to the pool this summer.
Check out this video to see more 5 Day RESET success stories.
The 5 Day RESET is over, but my getting in shape efforts are not! I am still eating the shakes, mostly for breakfast and eating sensibly throughout the day. I’m still feeling satisfied and not craving sweets or refined carbohydrates. And I’m feeling energized and motivated to exercise more! Who knows, maybe the mid-life edition of the swim suit issue will be knocking on my door 🙂
So, what do you think? Have you ever considered a short reset like this? If you are interested in learning more about The 5 Day RESET, and want to know if it’s a good fit for you, let’s chat about it. Schedule a time to talk here.
Want to learn more ways to live a naturally healthy life? Sign up for my newsletter here.
I loved this detox so much I am going to do it again!