The Ultimate Guide to Wild Orange Essential Oil
This post contains affiliate links. Click here for full disclosure
Wild orange essential oil is cold pressed from orange rinds. The primary chemical constituent is Limonene, is a monoterpene that is known for its cleansing properties. Wild orange essential oil is uplifting, invigorating and renewing. Oranges have long been known to help protect the body during cold and flu season. You can expect the same support from the essential oil.
Download Beginner’s Guide to Essential Oils to learn about the healing properties of essential oils and how to use them.
Ways to Use Wild Orange Essential Oil
- Diffuse to relieve stress and help fall asleep.
- Diffuse or apply topically to support the body during colds, flu, and scurvy.
- Diffuse or apply topically to support the body during menopause.
- Diffuse or apply topically to improve mood.
- Diffuse, apply topically, and/or take internally to improve energy, creativity, and productivity.
- Take internally to support detoxification.
- Add a drop to dishes, frostings, and smoothies for a citrus flavor.
- Take internally to support the immune system.
- Take internally to support healthy cell regeneration.
- Use topically over lymph nodes and pathways to support lymphatic drainage.
- Use topically to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Use topically to help clear up blemished skin.
- Apply topically to the abdomen to support digestion.
- Add wild orange oil to spray bottle filled with water and use as a natural household cleaner.
- Place a few drops on your home air filter.
Diffusing essential oils is a pleasant and easy way to experience the health benefits of essential oils. Diffusing suspends essential oil molecules into the air. The molecules not only clean and freshen the air, but they also impart their therapeutic properties to you by inhalation of the molecules.
- 3 drops wild orange, 3 drops peppermint
- 2 drops wild orange, 1 drop lemon, 1 drop lime, 1 drop grapefruit
- 3 drops wild orange, 2 drops cinnamon, 1 drop clove
- 2 drops wild orange, 1 drop cinnamon, 1 drop eucalyptus, 1 drop clove, 1 drop rosemary
- 2 drops wild orange, 1 drop wintergreen
- 2 drops wild orange, 2 drops Siberian fir, 1 drop wintergreen
- 2 drops wild orange, 2 drops lime, 2 drops lavender
- 2 drops wild orange, 2 drops frankincense, 2 drops cinnamon
- 2 drops wild orange, 2 drops cinnamon, 2 drops ginger
- 2 drops wild orange, 2 drops peppermint, 2 drops lime
- 2 drops wild orange, 2 drops lemon, 2 drops Douglas fir
- 3 drops wild orange, 1 drop ginger, 1 drop Douglas fir
- 2 drops wild orange, 2 drops cinnamon, 2 drops rosemary
- 2 drops wild orange, 2 drops juniper berry, 2 drops grapefruit
Essential oils play a powerful role in emotional healing. For true healing to happen, unresolved emotions need to be brought to the surface. We must release trapped, negative emotions before we can receive positive ones.
Wild Orange is the Oil of Abundance
Wild orange inspires abundance, fosters creativity, supports a positive mood, restores physical energy, and aids in transitions. It reconnects individuals with their inner child and brings spontaneity, fun, joy, and playfulness into one’s life.
It encourages individuals to let go of scarcity mindsets with all of their manifestations, including fear, nervousness, inflexibility, workaholism, lack of humor, and the belief that there is not enough. It reminds the soul of the limitless supply found in nature. Fruit trees, like the orange tree, give freely to all in need.
Wild orange also assists an individual’s natural creative sense. It inspires limitless solutions for problems and issues. It invites the individual to completely let go as a child does and to live from their authentic Self. Sharing, playing, relaxing, and enjoying the bounties of life- these are the gifts bestowed by Wild Orange oil.
Excerpts from Emotions and Essential Oils, Emotional Reference Guide, 5th Edition
All Natural All Purpose Cleaner
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 cup distilled water
- 10 drops wild orange essential oil
- Add all ingredients to a glass spray bottle.
- Gently shake before each use.
- Spray countertops and surfaces with cleaner. Wipe dry.
- Enjoy the fresh scent and uplifting feeling.
Peppermint and Wild Orange Body Scrub
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops wild orange essential oil
- Combine coconut oil and sugar together in non-plastic mixing bowl. You can add more oil or sugar to get your desired consistency.
- Add essential oils.
- Store in glass or metal container.
- Use a handful to rub over dry skin before bathing.
- Be careful before stepping into the tub or shower. Oil makes everything slippery!
Check out These Tasty Recipes From the doTERRA Blog
Wild Orange Peanut Butter Sandwich
My Personal Favorite Ways to Use Wild Orange Essential Oil
I like to combine wild orange with oils like melaleuca and rosemary to make them more appealing. Sometimes I want the benefit of a certain oil but might not love its particular scent. Wild orange can make almost anything smell amazing.
I use wild orange and slim and sassy in water. Slim and sassy has a pretty strong taste and the wild orange helps to mellow it out.
A very simple and effective way to increase your energy and brainpower is to add 1 drop of wild orange and 1 drop of peppermint to the palm of your hand, rub hands together, cup your hands together, place them over your nose, and inhale.
My most favorite way is to add 1 drop of wild orange and 1 drop of cinnamon with some honey to my hot tea. The flavor combination is out of this world! I drink this a lot in the winter. It helps boost my metabolism and immune system.
Get more information and purchase wild orange essential oil here.
Beginners Guide to Essential Oils
Learn more about the healing benefits of essential oils and how to use them with this free guide: Beginners Guide to Essential Oils
Science and Research
You can find research articles by clicking on the following links.
Information for this article was extracted from:
The Essential Life, 3rd Edition
Essential Oils Ancient Medicine
Essential Oils Natural Remedies
Emotions & Essential Oils, Fifth Edition
Essential oils are very concentrated and potent. Only use a few drops at a time. Dilute with a carrier oil before applying to skin.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should use caution and consult their physician before using essential oils.
Only use pure essential oils from a reliable source. Do not ingest oils from an untrusted source.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Leave a Comment