Have you ever been in an uninspired funk? I have! Working, raising a family, working on my own health issues, building an online coaching business… it can get overwhelming! I’ve had to do a lot of reflection to figure out where I want to go, and how I want to get there. The only way I could do it was to break it down into tiny, manageable steps. And, most importantly, start taking consistent action. Sometimes it feels like it will take the power of a tsunami to move me from point A to point B.
When we are drowning in overwhelm, we feel paralyzed and lose sight of the power of simple, small changes.
Our world is in trouble. Pollution, global warming, crime, poverty, homelessness, human trafficking, drug abuse, domestic abuse, devastating diseases, chronic illness, terrorism, mass shootings, the list goes on and on. In addition to all the global problems, each one of us faces our own daily challenges with relationships, finances, juggling family schedules, work demands, daily chores, and on and on…
Many of us want to make better choices and create healthier lifestyles, but change is hard. Changing habits is hard in the best of circumstances. During challenging and stressful times, our brains function at a lower level, and most of us shut down when overwhelmed. How can we improve our lifestyles when we’re distressed and shut down? How do we even know where to begin when our brains aren’t working optimally?
By starting with ONE. SIMPLE. CHANGE. One small change can make a huge impact.
- When you choose whole foods over packaged, processed foods, you send a heightened message to the food industry demanding healthier foods.
- When you say no to GMO’s, you take power away from Monsanto.
- When you make truly informed choices about vaccines, you send a powerful message to the pharmaceutical industry demanding safer vaccines.
- When you purchase (or make your own) environmentally friendly, non-toxic household cleaners, you send a message to the giant corporations demanding safer products.
- When you choose natural, alternative, holistic and integrated medicine over traditional conventional medicine, you send a message to the medical community demanding a better health care system.
- When you choose optimism over negativity, you send a resounding message to the Universe, creating stronger vibrations.
- When you choose mindful parenting over distracted and unintentional parenting, you raise stronger kids who are better able to cope in this demanding and stressful environment.
- When you choose to go for a walk after dinner instead of indulging in a 3rd helping or a sugary dessert, you send a thoughtful message of love and appreciation to your body.
- When you pack your kids lunches with real foods instead of Uncrustables and Lunchables, you send a message to your kids telling them how much you value their health and how much you love them. They probably won’t appreciate it, and you’ll likely hear how much they want to be like everyone else at the lunch table. You will help them learn fitting in sometimes comes a high price. That’s a life lesson that will show up when their friends are experimenting with drugs, alcohol and other risky behaviors.
- When you choose clean filtered water over sugary soft drinks, you improve the function of your liver and kidneys, and you send a profound message to the giant food and beverage corporations demanding healthier drinks.
- When you choose to pack a fresh, healthy lunch instead of going out for fast food, you send a message to the fast food industry demanding healthier take out foods.
- When you choose naturally derived plant medicine over laboratory produced medications, you send a message to the pharmaceutical industry demanding safer medications.
- When you choose to go to bed one hour earlier instead of watching the distressing news, you get more restful sleep and slow down the aging process.
- When you choose forgiveness over revenge, you send an electrifying message to the Universe with an infinite ripple effect.
- When you start to release the toxic burden, your mind becomes clearer. You see things differently and making healthy choices becomes easier and easier. A snowball effect is created. You continue to make healthier choices, your mind continues to become even more clear, and on and on.
Your choices absolutely matter!